You can also buy the book here.
This book is for students at school and their advocates. Read it, share it, talk to your local Community Law Centre about it!
We hope that it helps you deal with any problems you might have at school and that it gives you a better understanding of your rights in the education system.
- Accessing education
- Management and discipline
- Stand-downs, suspensions and expulsions
- Overview: When you can be removed from school
- Stand-downs: Short-term removal from school
- Exclusions and expulsions
- Challenging a suspension, exclusion or expulsion
- Records of stand-downs, suspensions and expulsions
- Being sent home on health grounds
- Illegal suspensions
- Private schools: Suspensions and expulsions
- Specific areas of control and discipline
- Information and privacy
- Parents and schools
- Fixing problems and making complaints